Monday, October 25, 2010
TOPIC DISCUSSION: Green Urine
What is nice is a summary of causes they show that could cause Green urine.
This specific case was a benzo which displaced flupirtine that caused green urine
Other more common causes of green urine are:
Metoclopramide,Propofol,Ingestion of Asparagus officinalis (a spring vegetable)
Meconium aspiration syndrome in newborns,Urinary tract infection with Pseudomonas species
and Vitamin B tablets.
Check out the article at AJKD
Posted by Kenar D Jhaveri( kidney 007) at 9:00 AM
Labels: General Nephrology, topic discussions
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2022 (18)
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- ► 2011 (370)
- Nephsap review: AKI and ICU Nephrology
- Minimal Change Disease
- IN THE NEWS- CALMAG TRIAL
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Management of DKA in hemodialysi...
- Nephrology Fellows do better with online training!
- IN THE NEWS- Barbershop BP management is better th...
- Outcomes of kidney transplantation from HCV positi...
- IN THE NEWS- Permeability Factor and FSGS
- Salivary Prograf levels
- U 002 Nierentransplantation / kidney transplant
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Green Urine
- FGF-23 and PTH and Bone Disease post transplant
- IN THE NEWS- Bilirubin might be protective
- Aspergilloma in the transplant kidney
- Racial Disparities in CKD, a presentation
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Page Kidney
- Renal Fellow Network: Pancreas transplant pearls
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Different ARBS
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Urinary Diversions
- Wait list and desensitization?
- CLINICAL CASE 27, ANSWERS and SUMMARY
- Sirolimus and Male Fertility
- IN THE NEWS:- Tiger on Dialysis
- IN THE NEWS:- Cardiorenal syndrome or renocardiac ...
- NEJM Case
- CONSULT ROUNDS: renal disease
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Chronic Hyponatremia
- Quiz 7 Answers
- New Transplant Information website
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Free water excretion
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: SECONDARY VS PRIMARY FSGS
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Maintenance of Metabolic Alkalosis
- REJECTION and TOLERANCE
- KIDNEY WEBSITES IN my languages!
- Renal Fellow Network: Key to angiotensin formation...
- JOURNAL CLUB: AASK TRIAL 2010
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: An uncommon consult:-OHSS!
- IN THE NEWS- Nephrology Workfore
- Basic concepts in Immunology
- Role Playing exercise in Transplant Education
- TOPIC DISCUSSION
- CLINICAL CASE 26 , ANSWER and SUMMARY
- ▼ October (42)
Surprisingly...there is also an entity called purple urine bag syndrome, where urine &/or urine bag turns purple. happens in pts in nursing home on long term catheters. If they become constipated , breakdown of aminoacids leading to some reaction with the tubing of catheter (likely with indigo) causes the purple color.ReplyDelete
btw...I have been a follower of your blog since I came for nephro interview at NSLIJ. I ve matched in Med Coll of Wisconsin for Nephro.
Great blog..keep it coming.