Hemoperfusion is the passage of anticoagulated blood through a column containing activated charcoal or resins that helps remove lipid bound and water bound drugs. Drug removal using this form might be superior to hemodialysis. If the drug is water soluble, and has significant metablic complications and rebound properties, hemodialysis might be better. If the drug is lipid soluble like barbiturates, hypnotics, sedatives and digitalis might work better with hemoperfusion.
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- Creative Writing to Teach Nephrology
- Social Media and Health Care Part 3: From ASN
- Social Media and healthcare Part 2: from ASN
- Social Media and Health Care Part 1: From ASN
- IN the NEWS: Bardoxolone Methyl and CKD
- In the News- Nephrology on the mobile phone
- In The News-Final Blow on anemia agents
- Innate vs Adaptive Immune system
- Negatives of E Learning
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Why 3gm of Proteinuria is consid...
- Cochrane Renal Group
- CLINICAL CASE 38, ANSWERS AND SUMMARY
- FDA approves Belatacept (NULOJIX) for use in kidne...
- IN THE NEWS: The ACT trial
- ASN Podcast - World Class Nephrologists
- Human Herpes Virus – 6: An uncommon but potentiall...
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: BIOMARKERS
- Concept Map of CAKUT
- Breaking News: FDA issues new dosing limitations f...
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Light chains and the Kidney- tra...
- Social Media and Medicine - A lawyers prespective
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Urinary Snapshot of Lupus Nephri...
- Banff 2011 Updates 2
- BanFF 2011 Presentations By Dr.Kim Solez
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: ADH and Pain?
- BANFF 2011 Updates
- IN THE NEWS: Another Detective Nephron Venture
- BANFF 2011
- Touch Calc- Nephrology calculators all in one
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Hemoperfusion vs Hemodialysis fo...
- IN THE NEWS: EXRTIP
- ▼ June (31)
- ► 2010 (461)