The most recent issue of AJT, under AJT report discusses the Transplant web and what is on the web for transplantation. It discusses many issues that pertain social media and transplantation. It brings home key points that patients are using the internet for their information and physicians are to be aware of that. Social media can be a very good and powerful tool to discuss and teach physicians, students and patients. Many centers around the country are using it. Mayo Clinic has a social media center. What our role is to make sure patients are looking at association driven or university based websites that have peer reviewed material and accurate information. There is a lot out there -- perhaps that instills a "blogger's bias".
Check it out
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2022 (18)
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- Pregnancy in Chronic Kidney Disease
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Cetuximab therapy and wasting synd...
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: LEAD and the KIDNEY
- Vitamin D- NEJM Review 2011
- IN THE NEWS- TPA vs Heparin- NEJM Study
- Kidney Disease: Racial Disparities from the Inside...
- Dabigatran, and what about its use in Nephrology a...
- The Transplant Web
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Blood Urea Nitrogen ( BUN)
- Diabetic Nephropathy Video on You tube
- 2011 Guest Lecture Series (Part 1 of 2): Gerald A...
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Thiazides and Hyponatremia
- IN THE NEWS--> Storytelling and Hypertension
- Fibrosis with Inflammation at One Year Predicts Tr...
- NSLIJ - Innate B Cell in Humans that Protects Agai...
- IN THE NEWS-->AngII and Metabolic Syndrome
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Magnesium for pre eclampsia?
- IN THE NEWS:- THE BOLDE Study
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Paraneoplastic Glomerulopathy
- Informing the Debate: Rates of Kidney Transplantat...
- History of Nephrology: The Korean War 1950-3
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Cryoglobulin Classification Made...
- CLINICAL CASE 31, ANSWER and SUMMARY
- Quiz 9 Answers
- HISTORY LESSON- Scribner Shunt
- IN THE NEWS --> Cytoresistance and the kidney
- PD University = HD university
- Medicine for residents: urinary calcium and renal ...
- Life After Renal Fellowship Survey Results
- Bisphosphonate Therapy in CKD and ESRD patients
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Amyloidosis vs Light Chain Deposit...
- The Study of Heart and Renal Protection — SHARP Trial
- Can Alcohol Consumption be protective post transpl...
- DID YOU KNOW? Extra renal Podocyte like systems?
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Low or negative Anion gap!
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2010 (461)
Post a Comment