Immunology Quiz 2:
Which of the following drug & target of action combinations incorrectly matched?
Tacrolimus/Calcineurin - 16%
Basiliximab/CD3 - 66%
MMF/IMPDH - 8%
Sirolimus/mTOR - 16%
Belatacept/CD80,86 - 33%
Compath/CD52 - 8%
OKT3/CD25 - 66%
As majority of you indicated, the incorrect combinations are Basiliximab/CD3 and OKT3/CD25. Basiliximab acts by blocking IL2 receptor, also known as CD25. OKT3 or Muromonab-CD3 is a monoclonal antibody to CD3 on T cells. 33% of you marked Belatacept/CD80,86 as incorrect combination. However, this is a wrong choice as CD80/86 on antigen presenting cells is indeed the target of action for Belatacept there by inhibiting CD28 costimulation pathway of T cell activation.
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- ► 2011 (370)
- IN THE NEWS: Three trials SHOCK the NEPHROLOGY WORLD
- IN THE NEWS:- Angiotensin-receptor blockade and r...
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Hypocomplementemia!
- IN THE NEWS ---> Stem Cells and Kidney Damage
- Answer to Immunology Quiz 2
- Rituximab for induction?
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Phosphorous containing foods
- Panel Reactive Antibody? how do you calculate?
- Topic Discussion: MYH9 Nephropathies
- Pediatrics Grand rounds continue
- CLINICAL CASE 18, ANSWER and SUMMARY
- New blogs of interest
- Topic Discussion: Primary vs Secondary Membranous
- CLINICAL CASE 17, ANSWER AND SUMMARY
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Amylase in the urine?? Hmm!!
- Gurudakshina in Nephrology
- Are you aware of MICA antibodies?
- ISBP Conference Sept 2010
- Innovative Nephrology teaching tools!
- Kamal Shah's Blog: An Indian CKD registry now exists
- CLINICAL CASE 16 , ANSWER and SUMMARY
- IN THE NEWS- Proteinuria and Avastin
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Dialysis Membrane Reactions- Type B
- IN THE NEWS ---> New treatments for cystic disease
- Immunology Quiz 1 Answers
- Rituximab induced lung injury
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: DIABETIC NEPHROPATHY!!
- B cell signature and Tolerance
- Nephrology World on Intragraft gene expression
- Kidney Transplant as an Outpatient Procedure
- IN THE NEWS ---> Detective Nephron strikes again!
- IN THE NEWS --->NephrologyonDemand
- CONSULT ROUNDS: ANURIC RENAL FAILURE
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Hydronephrosis without evidence on...
- Journal Club: B regulatory cells
- CLINICAL CASE 15 , ANSWER and SUMMARY
- ▼ June (36)