Immunology Quiz Corner: Which one is Matched INCORRECTLY?
|The correct answer is Treg and IL-6. After the encounter with an antigen and co stim molecules presented by antigen presenting cells, the naive T cells that is CD4+ can differentiate into different type of T cells. The commitment to which T cell type it becomes depends on the cytokine that is pre dominant. In the presence of Interferon Gamma and IL-12, Th1 cells predominate that are responsible for intracellular bacteria and cell mediated immunity. In the presence of IL-4, Th2 dominate that are predominately for allergic diseases. In the presence of IL-6 and IL-23 in the presence of TGF-B, Th17 dominate , they are responsible for extracellular bacteria and fungi and cell mediated autoimmunity. Finally, in the presence of TGF-B and retinoic acid, FoxP3 positive T regs dominate that are regulatory in nature. There might be more regulatory T cells around in the immune system that we still haven't discovered.|
|A nice review of this in the context of TH17 immune response was recently published in Kidney International|
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Immunology Quiz 1 Answers
- ► 2022 (15)
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- ► 2011 (370)
- IN THE NEWS: Three trials SHOCK the NEPHROLOGY WORLD
- IN THE NEWS:- Angiotensin-receptor blockade and r...
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Hypocomplementemia!
- IN THE NEWS ---> Stem Cells and Kidney Damage
- Answer to Immunology Quiz 2
- Rituximab for induction?
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Phosphorous containing foods
- Panel Reactive Antibody? how do you calculate?
- Topic Discussion: MYH9 Nephropathies
- Pediatrics Grand rounds continue
- CLINICAL CASE 18, ANSWER and SUMMARY
- New blogs of interest
- Topic Discussion: Primary vs Secondary Membranous
- CLINICAL CASE 17, ANSWER AND SUMMARY
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Amylase in the urine?? Hmm!!
- Gurudakshina in Nephrology
- Are you aware of MICA antibodies?
- ISBP Conference Sept 2010
- Innovative Nephrology teaching tools!
- Kamal Shah's Blog: An Indian CKD registry now exists
- CLINICAL CASE 16 , ANSWER and SUMMARY
- IN THE NEWS- Proteinuria and Avastin
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Dialysis Membrane Reactions- Type B
- IN THE NEWS ---> New treatments for cystic disease
- Immunology Quiz 1 Answers
- Rituximab induced lung injury
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: DIABETIC NEPHROPATHY!!
- B cell signature and Tolerance
- Nephrology World on Intragraft gene expression
- Kidney Transplant as an Outpatient Procedure
- IN THE NEWS ---> Detective Nephron strikes again!
- IN THE NEWS --->NephrologyonDemand
- CONSULT ROUNDS: ANURIC RENAL FAILURE
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Hydronephrosis without evidence on...
- Journal Club: B regulatory cells
- CLINICAL CASE 15 , ANSWER and SUMMARY
- ▼ June (36)