Tips from the NKF 2010 sessions
1. When to do both and when to do just Liver? It’s hard to figure this out as most of the kidney damage in liver associated kidney injury is ischemia and we don’t have good markers
2. A good strategy suggested was using biopsy as a guide and using the Interstitial fibrosis, tubular injury as a tool for seeing if they need a SLK or just a liver transplant.
3. When this strategy was used in some centers, and crt compared after going ahead with a respective transplants ( SLK or just liver), crt were 1.2 at 6 months in both groups.
4. Most common biopsy finding: ischemic ATN, followed by other primary GNs, (MPGN, IgA, FSGS, TMA) and vascular disease
5. If the patient has ESLD and is on dialysis < 6 weeks, perhaps just a liver is fine but otherwise might need a SLK. But with the biopsy method, we might achieve more accuracy
Friday, April 23, 2010
Dual Liver and Kidney Transplantations
Posted by Kenar D Jhaveri( kidney 007) at 12:09 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2022 (18)
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- ► 2011 (370)
- JOURNAL CLUB: Metabolic Acidosis and improving GFR
- The Online Transplant Center: Kidney Biopsy in Hea...
- Kidney Biopsy in Heart Transplant Candidates?
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Cellular Senescence and Renal Aging
- CLINICAL CASE 12
- CLINICAL CASE 11
- IN THE NEWS ---> Vancomycin and the kidney
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Smoking and Kidney Disease
- The Online Transplant Center: Dual Liver and Kidne...
- The Online Transplant Center: HIV and the Kidney T...
- The Online Transplant Center: Obesity and Kidney T...
- Dual Liver and Kidney Transplantations
- HIV and the Kidney Transplant
- Obesity and Kidney Transplantation
- In the News: ASN website for Renal Fellows
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Adolescents and Disease
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Why do AVG and AVF get stenosis?
- NKF reports
- CONSULT ROUNDS
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Asymptomatic Hyponatremia
- IN THE NEWS- RENAL ANGINA SYNDROME
- CLINICAL CASE 10, ANSWER AND SUMMARY
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: PHOSPHATE BINDERS
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: A rare case of statin induced rh...
- IN THE NEWS: GLOSEN Study
- IN THE NEWS: Dialysis Time
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Albuminuria and Proteinuria
- The Online Transplant Center: Antibody Mediated Re...
- Antibody Mediated Rejection Review
- The Online Transplant Center: Bone marrow transpla...
- Bone marrow transplantation and solid organs
- IN THE NEWS: Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors and CKD
- IN THE NEWS- MORE NEPHROLOGY CONSULTS
- ▼ April (33)
Post a Comment