Saturday, February 6, 2010
IN THE NEWS --> IgA with ANCAs
Not to their surprise, they found that the first entity was more aggressive but the 8 patients with ANCA and IgA responded to aggressive immunosuppresive therapy much better than the 26 with just IgA disease. This is an interesting read and perhaps points out a possible new entity of an aggressive IgA disease. They noticed no significant improvement in kidney function in the ANCA negative patients with RPGN IgA disease. Its possible that those patients were not that aggressively treated as an ANCA positive disease might have been treated. An aggressive IgA with creascents should also be treated as an RPGN regardless of ANCA or no ANCA.
Image source: CIN 2003( 3rd Congress of Nephrology in Internet)
Something to watch out for.
Posted by Kenar D Jhaveri( kidney 007) at 5:56 PM
Labels: glomerular diseases, In The News
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2022 (18)
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- ► 2011 (370)
- CLINICAL CASE 5
- Luminex Technology
- IN THE NEWS ---> CLASSIFICATION FOR DIABETIC NEPH...
- Nephrectomy or No Nephrectomy?
- CONSULT ROUNDS: ORTHOSTATIC PROTEINURIA
- TOPIC DISCUSSION Risk factors for bleeding post ki...
- New drugs for Hepatitis C
- CDC HIGH RISK DONORS
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Peritoneal Dialysis First initia...
- CLINICAL CASE 4
- Adrenal Gland Transplantation
- IN THE NEWS --->Is BMT Nephropathy really mostly ...
- Sad News
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Tamm Horsfall Mucoprotein
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Re-evaluating the Role of Immuno...
- JOURNAL CLUB: DNA Methylation controls Foxp3 gene ...
- In the News: The era of epigenetics
- Sirolimus and tubular toxicity
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: FIBROTIC DISEASES
- IN THE NEWS --> IgA with ANCAs
- JOURNAL CLUB: Pirfenidone Is Renoprotective in Dia...
- IN THE NEWS- CKD and Proteinuria
- CLINICAL CASE 3
- Positive Cross Match, Desensitization
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Post Bone Marrow Transplant Thromb...
- ▼ February (25)
Post a Comment