We see proteinuria all the time. What are the different types of proteinuria? Here is a list of different types of proteinuria from a recent article in Kidney International.
1. Glomerular Proteinuria:- usually loss of albumin and higher molecular weight proteins
2. Tubular Proteinturia:- b2 microglobulin and loss of low molecular weight protein
3. Overflow Proteinuria:- usually seen in myeloma or paraproteinemias that lead to an overflow and loss in the urine due to overproduction.
4. Post exercise:- transient and benign and can be as high as 10gm
5. Post prandial:- very transient and its due to insulin action on the podocytes
6. Infection associated:- by Toll receptors. like we see in urinary tract infections perhaps. maybe its a response to clear the infection?
- ► 2023 (21)
- ► 2022 (18)
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- ► 2011 (370)
- CLINICAL CASE 9
- The Online Transplant Center: Post transplant MPGN
- Post transplant MPGN
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: PCO2, which one is better?
- Image Quiz- Answers
- CONSULT ROUNDS: METHANOL and the EYE?
- CONSULT ROUNDS: ACID BASE
- JOURNAL CLUB: Kidney allograft nephrectomy can imp...
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Nutrition
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Drugs and Cyclosporine
- IN THE NEWS- NSF and Kidney Transplantation
- Bowel Transplantations, not enough!
- Horseshoe Kidney
- The Online Transplant Center: New Agents for renal...
- CLINICAL CASE 8
- History of Nephrology: The first randomised contro...
- Common Sense vs. Evidence-based Medicine
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: DIFFERENT TYPES OF PROTEINURIA
- New Agents for renal transplantation
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Renal Artery Stenosis
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: THE WWW and the NEPHROLOGIST
- IN THE NEWS- Hyperkalemia treatment in trouble
- IN THE NEWS ---> ACUTE KIDNEY INJURY
- CONSULT ROUNDS: SIADH and Escitalopram ( lexapro)
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Clinical dilemma in Nephrogenic Di...
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Metformin toxicity, Lactic Acidosi...
- CLINICAL CASE 7
- IN THE NEWS- HgA1C for Diabetes Diagnosis. How abo...
- KIDNEY DONORS have Good Long term survival
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: VEGF Nephropathology
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Post Transplant Collapsing FSGS,...
- Post Transplant Collapsing FSGS: Is it really all ...
- CLINICAL CASE 6
- Topic Discussion: OUCH!! Should Anesthesia Hurt??
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Alcohol Poisonings, gaps and osm...
- Belatacept approved by FDA
- Protocol Biopsies in Renal Allograft Recipients
- ▼ March (37)