Tuesday, March 16, 2010
I was surprised to see some of these articles. Its good that we have the websites as such that are either physician developed or patient or organization developed. What we have to monitor and wonder in the future is what is the content on these websites. Is it evidence based? Is it just opinions ( like some of our blogs) and Is it violating patient privacy laws? These are real questions that will come up in the near future as we move into the field of
E-Nephrology. Take a look at this NEJM editorial for an excellent commentary by prominent bloggers.
My personal favorite Teaching related nephrology websites are:
My personal favorite online dictionary and community patient friendly website is
Other good references:
image source: http://www.blue-inc-solutions.co.uk/web/images/www.jpg
- ► 2023 (21)
- ► 2022 (18)
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- ► 2011 (370)
- CLINICAL CASE 9
- The Online Transplant Center: Post transplant MPGN
- Post transplant MPGN
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: PCO2, which one is better?
- Image Quiz- Answers
- CONSULT ROUNDS: METHANOL and the EYE?
- CONSULT ROUNDS: ACID BASE
- JOURNAL CLUB: Kidney allograft nephrectomy can imp...
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Nutrition
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Drugs and Cyclosporine
- IN THE NEWS- NSF and Kidney Transplantation
- Bowel Transplantations, not enough!
- Horseshoe Kidney
- The Online Transplant Center: New Agents for renal...
- CLINICAL CASE 8
- History of Nephrology: The first randomised contro...
- Common Sense vs. Evidence-based Medicine
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: DIFFERENT TYPES OF PROTEINURIA
- New Agents for renal transplantation
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Renal Artery Stenosis
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: THE WWW and the NEPHROLOGIST
- IN THE NEWS- Hyperkalemia treatment in trouble
- IN THE NEWS ---> ACUTE KIDNEY INJURY
- CONSULT ROUNDS: SIADH and Escitalopram ( lexapro)
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Clinical dilemma in Nephrogenic Di...
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Metformin toxicity, Lactic Acidosi...
- CLINICAL CASE 7
- IN THE NEWS- HgA1C for Diabetes Diagnosis. How abo...
- KIDNEY DONORS have Good Long term survival
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: VEGF Nephropathology
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Post Transplant Collapsing FSGS,...
- Post Transplant Collapsing FSGS: Is it really all ...
- CLINICAL CASE 6
- Topic Discussion: OUCH!! Should Anesthesia Hurt??
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Alcohol Poisonings, gaps and osm...
- Belatacept approved by FDA
- Protocol Biopsies in Renal Allograft Recipients
- ▼ March (37)