This ASN, there was a series of talks regarding complement glomerulopathy and the use of certain newer agents for treatment. Dr Licht discussed this in detail in one of the talks.
1. MPGN pattern of injury is seen in complement related glomerular diseases.
2. DDD is now part of C3 glomerulopathies
3. Complement factor H antibodies, complement factor B antibodies have been associated with C3 glomerular disease since they will enhance c3 conversion and eventually affect the alternate pathway.
4. Genetic forms such as mutations in Factor H, CFHR5, C3 polymorphisms were also noted in that case.
5. It is possible that what we used to call perhaps C3 only post infectious GN or resolving post infectious GN was really C3 glomerulopathy.
6. Treatment is plasma exchange as there might be antibody that exists ( if you think there is)
7. Complement inhibition is the key- and the only drug we have is eculizumab ( 4 doses 900mg IV per week and 1200mg per week following that for 4 doses):- but expensive
8. Overall, there is a paradigm shift happening in introduction of these disorders.
- ► 2022 (18)
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- eAJKD: Cardiac biomarkers in CKD
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Sjogren's Syndrome and Glomerular ...
- Access educational Tool
- Image Quiz: What causes this color?
- Complement Component Quiz Answers
- eAJKD: Pemetrexed Nephrotoxicity
- Clinical case 47: Answers and Summary
- eAJKD: Sulodexide in Diabetic Nephropathy: Is Ther...
- Journal Club: Tolvaptan in ADPKD
- Frequent Hemodialysis Trials: ASN 2011 update
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: SIADH diagnosis
- Complement Component Quiz
- World Kidney Day Crosswords Answers
- ASN2011: Dialysis Mortality
- Topic Discussion: Nano Medicine ( ASN 2011)
- ASN2011: Complement related disorders
- eAJKD : Nephrology and the Internet
- Journal Club: Blocking complement prevents antibod...
- ASN2011: Pearls on Peritoneal Dialysis
- ASN2011: CPC- Adenovirus Nephropathy
- ASN2011: late breaking trials: RESCUE TRIAL
- ASN2011: Late Breaking Oral Presentation: FISH Trial
- ASN Kidney News 3 day podcast from ASN
- History of Nephrology: First ASN
- ASN 2011: West Nile Nephropathy
- ASN 2011: MPGN revisted
- NSLIJ - Lengthening Kidney Dialysis Treatments Cou...
- NSLIJ - When Doctors Turn to Google for Diagnosis ...
- E Journal Club:- CJASN feature
- Nephrology Crossword- from World Kidney Day
- eAJKD, the official blog of AJKD
- Journal Club: Can Sirolimus ever replace a CNI??
- In the News: Inducible Apoptosis- but could it wor...
- CLINICAL CASE 46 ANSWERS AND SUMMARY
- Topic Discussion: "Kicking the Tar baby" effect
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Normal Complements and Infection a...
- ▼ November (36)
- ► 2010 (461)