Monday, August 8, 2011
IN THE NEWS: SuPAR circulating Factor for FSGS
1. Serum soluble urokinase receptor (suPAR) is elevated in 2/3 of the patients with FSGS
2. It is not elevated in other proteinuric glomerular diseases
3. Higher concentrations before transplantation- might suggest risk of recucurrence
4. Mouse models showed that elevated suPAR caused FSGS like pathology ( foot process effacement)
5. SuPAR decreased with plasmapheresis.
Interestingly, it is elevated in HIV and some cancers- hmmm? perhaps a factor in HIV associated FSGS as well?
Can this be used as a marker? Perhaps- and even as a predictor of recurrence?
Can galactose bind to this circulating factor? Perhaps?...
What about the other 1/3 of FSGS?
Check out the ref at:
Posted by Kenar D Jhaveri( kidney 007) at 1:41 PM
Labels: basic science, FSGS, glomerular diseases, In The News, proteinuria, Supar
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2022 (18)
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- FGF-23 and Mortality Journal Club
- Curbside Consults
- It's official -- chocolate linked to heart health
- Concept Map of MPGN pattern of Injury
- NEJM article highlights Malpractice Risk by Specialty
- IN the NEWS:- Internet and Nephrology
- Pseudo-nephrotic Syndrome
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Retinal-Renal Diseases
- CLINICAL CASE 41: ANSWERS and SUMMARY
- Topic Discussion: Uromodulin Associated Kidney Dis...
- Nephrology Crosswords-History of Nephrology
- The "Nephrologist"as a patient advocate
- Mohan foundation: First of its Kind in ASIA
- NephroPlus, a new email group to join for discussi...
- TRIBE AKI Consortium
- Consult Rounds: Alkalemia causing Metabolic Acidosis
- IN THE NEWS: Rituximab Targeting Podocytes in Recu...
- IN THE NEWS: SuPAR circulating Factor for FSGS
- Green tea and Tacrolimus
- Consult Rounds: High Uric Acid
- Topic Discussion: Non glucose based solutions for ...
- The Art of Medicine: Let’s Not Lose It In Nephrology
- CLINICAL CASE 40: ANSWERS AND SUMMARY
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Adequacy of Dialysis HD vs. PD
- ▼ August (24)
- ► 2010 (461)
Post a Comment