A large study in Canada over 200,000 patients over 14 years. The investigators found that people who took statin medications had about a 16% reduced risk of acute kidney injury and a 21% lower risk of dying after their surgeries, compared to people who were not on these agents. Statins appeared to be protective even if patients had been in them a relatively short time, as little as a month or less before surgery.
Webmd has a complete review:
Check out the original source at
Image source: http://www.pharmainfo.net/
- ► 2020 (19)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- Fascinating Wordle in AJT 2011
- NKF 2011 Live Blogging from Nephrology on Demand
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Vascular Amyloidosis and the Kidney
- NKF 2011 Live Blogging: Integrating the treatment ...
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: TMA ( AJKD tells the tale of 2 d...
- Nephron Animation website
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Renal Involvement in Bardet-Biedl ...
- USA-Nephronpower Wordle( Nephrology Rules)
- Dichotomous Effects of Rapamycin
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: The impact of stopping inhibitor...
- Health News - Research brings new hope of renal re...
- AJP Podcasts
- IN THE NEWS--> Salt sensitive HTN and temperature?
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Renal Denervation for Treatment ...
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Pre Eclampsia
- Online CME resource( Nephrology)
- Pediatrics Grand rounds continue
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Hypophosphatemia in Nocturnal he...
- Journal CLUB: Pediatric Nephrology
- IN THE NEWS--> Statins and the Kidney after surgery
- Arteries and Kidney Transplant
- Pancreas Transplantation in the Treatment of Diabetes
- IN THE NEWS -MDR-1 polymorphisms in steroid resist...
- TOPIC DISCUSSIONS: Glomerular Disease following co...
- May 2011 Hofstra University Kidney Walk
- IN THE NEWS:- RENALASE and CKD
- Transplant Tourism and Malignancy
- IN THE NEWS --->Innovative tools in nephrology su...
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Rheumatoid Arthritis and the Kidney
- Cystic Diseases of the Kidney: A primer
- CLINICAL CASE 35, ANSWERS AND SUMMARY
- Submit Kidney Week 2011 Abstracts
- IVIG - how does it work from the Immunology blog?
- JOURNAL CLUB: CHOICE STUDY
- IN THE NEWS- ANCA in the Elderly
- Medicine for residents: Calcium gluconate in a dig...
- IN THE NEWS--> Detective Nephron's next venture
- Neutropenia from Tacrolimus
- IN THE NEWS-- Serum Bilirubin and chronic dialysis...
- ▼ April (39)
- ► 2010 (461)