The Regenerative Division at Wake Forrest University has been doing some ground breaking work.
One study done there allowed for some initial work regarding re generation of kidney cells. This system involves the cultivation of expanded primary renal cells in a three-dimensional collagen-based culture system. After one week of growth, individual renal cells began to form renal structures resembling tubules and glomeruli. Histologically, these structures show phenotypic resemblance to native kidney structures. The reconstituted tubules stained positively for Tamm-Horsfall protein, which is expressed in the thick ascending limb of Henle's Loop and distal convoluted tubules. These results show that renal structures can be reconstituted in a three-dimensional culture system, which may eventually be used for renal cell therapy applications. The article listed below presents a three-dimensional culture system that allows for reconstituting single renal cells into kidney structures in vitro, thus providing a controlled platform for renal tissue formation in vivo.
- ► 2019 (37)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- Nephronpower Views
- HyperKalemia Challenge
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Residual renal function???
- AST Fellows Symposium on Transplantation Medicine
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Ranolazine and the Kidney?
- CONSULT ROUNDS: A primer on CVVHDF orders
- CLINICAL CASE 33, ANSWERS and SUMMARY
- Who gets kidney first?- the thoughts in 2011
- IN THE NEWS- E Nephrology
- Concept Map of Viruses and the diseases in the kid...
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: What causes Foamy Urine?
- ATC and NKF Abstracts 2011 are on line for viewing...
- Kidney transplant and donation cancer risks
- Concept Map of HIV, Hep C and Hep B and the Kidney...
- Viruses and the Kidney, a primer! ( a case based a...
- Concept Map of Viruses and the Kidney, a general m...
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Preparing For a Pheochromocytoma R...
- Kidney Transplant Recipient Infected With HIV From...
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Contraction Alkalosis or CDMA?
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Lactate levels and B2 agonists? ...
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Cefepime Neuro-toxicity and the Ne...
- More Pediatric Grand Rounds from www.pediatric-nep...
- Olmesartan for Patients with Diabetes
- ASN Review course 2011
- Hematuria Post Kidney Transplantation
- Notes from Dr. RW: Hyponatremia update
- Paraproteins and the Kidney
- Concept Map of Hypernatremia
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: TB and the Kidney
- Virtual Library ( the Welch Library) Part 2
- IN THE NEWS: Belimumab and Lupus
- Top Ten Reasons to Love you Kidneys
- Virtual Library ( the Welch Library) Part 1
- Elimination of anti rejection medicaitons
- Smoldering vs Active Myeloma
- Tissue Engineering Renal Tissue
- Concept Map of Hyponatremia
- Concept Map of BK Nephritis Treatment
- Bortezomib for desensitization!
- JOURNAL CLUB: FHN Trial
- Complications of Peritoneal Dialysis
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Amyloidosis and Factor X deficie...
- CLINICAL CASE 34, ANSWER AND SUMMARY
- IN THE NEWS--> DOSE TRIAL
- ANCA VASCULITIS
- CONSULT ROUNDS: An approach to orthostatic hypoten...
- In the News: Transplant rules changing
- Concept Map of Kidney Injury in hematopoietic Stem...
- Growing Kidneys
- ▼ March (49)
- ► 2010 (461)