As the baby boomers age, there is going to be a significant rise in CKD and ultimately ESRD population. Care by a nephrologist usually is seen late due to late referrals and sometimes leading to "crash" dialysis.
As a result, sometimes options of peritoneal dialysis or transplantation are not available to these patients.
Multidisciplinary or rather multi professional team care during CKD care has shown in small studies to decrease mortality and decrease cost considerably. Delay in getting to ESRD will benefit greatly in cost savings.
What do you think is the average cost per patient per year for Hemodialysis? Peritoneal Dialysis? and Transplantation? Match below to HD, PD and transplant ( in US dollars)
A. around 75,000
B. around 57,000
C. around 25,000
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- Topic Discussion: Old and New view of "Contraction...
- Dialysis Modality Poll on eAJKD
- A good Nephro Pathology Resource
- C3 Glomerular Disease or Post infectious GN?
- eAJKD: Advanced age and Kidney Transplantation
- CLINICAL CASE 52: ANSWERS and SUMMARY
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: A new shift in Minimal Change Di...
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: "effective blood volume"
- JOURNAL CLUB: Bedtime dosing of anti hypertensives
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Primary Polydipsia
- History Lesson: from the "Gray's Anatomy"
- Insufficient Medicare Drug Coverage for Immunosupp...
- Revival of bedside medicine
- CLINICAL CASE 51, Answers and Summary
- Concept Map: Hyponatremia( etiology and pathogenesis)
- CXVascular - CX Additional events - CX St George's...
- Cost and more costs- The burden of CKD
- eAJKD: Interviews
- eAJKD test your knowledge
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Minimal Change Disease and lupus
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2011 (370)
- ► 2010 (461)