The same issue of KI shares another view- the positive aspects of sirolimus
As we mentioned earlier that this agent was discovered as a cancer drug and has antiproliferative properties
Recent animal data and human data have shown it to be beneficial in preventing cancer post transplant
So the benefits of this agents are:
1. Prevention of cancer, as mTOR is responsible for transcription and translation for cell growth. Definite evidence against Kaposi, Skin cancers and renal cancers.
2. Increase in T regs
3. Anti viral effects - CMV, BK and EBV viral infections ( still not sure- conflicting data)
4. Tolerance inducing potential
5. Control of fibrotic process - conflicting data when compared to CNI alone
- ► 2018 (55)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- ► 2011 (370)
- Pediatrics Grand rounds continue , the last one fo...
- Chronic renal allograft dysfunction
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Hypokalemic Nephropathy
- KRND Needs YOU!
- CMV in solid Organ transplantation!
- CLINICAL CASE 30, ANSWERS AND SUMMARY
- In the NEWS: Angiopoietin like 4 , a glycoprotein ...
- Health Care Law Blog: AMA Issues New Policy To Gui...
- Genetic Nephropathies and Kidney Transplantation
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Medicine for residents: a little step towards cost...
- IN THE NEWS- Article on Online Blogging of Confere...
- IN THE NEWS: DETECTIVE NEPHRON's NEXT VENTURE
- Series of Videos from ASN - on varied topics- Kidn...
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Anesthetics and Kidney Disease
- Concept Map of Hypomagnesemia
- Quiz 9 Answers
- IN THE NEWS- Meta-analysis in Nephrology
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Camels and their Kidney!
- Sirolimus- the Positive aspects
- Nephsap review: Fluids Electrolytes
- ▼ December (21)