A recent article in Kidney International reviews the role of meta analysis in Nephrology world. Based on the survey this group did in NYC area, most physicians viewed meta analysis in nephrology useful and influenced their patient care.
What are the limitations of meta analyses?( from the article- refer to article for details)
1. Publication bias
2.Mixing apples and oranges
3. Garbage In, Garbage Out
4. Outcome selection bias
5. Patient exclusion bias
6. Truncated study bias
7. data collection errors
What are the strengths of meta analyses?
2. Highlights areas that need work
3. More transparent form of review- and not just a review article
4. Sounder bias offered
Even with all these meta analyses happening in our literature, many of our guidelines are still "opinion" based.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
IN THE NEWS- Meta-analysis in Nephrology
Posted by Kenar D Jhaveri( kidney 007) at 1:47 PM
Labels: education, In The News
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2022 (18)
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- ► 2011 (370)
- Pediatrics Grand rounds continue , the last one fo...
- Chronic renal allograft dysfunction
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Hypokalemic Nephropathy
- KRND Needs YOU!
- CMV in solid Organ transplantation!
- CLINICAL CASE 30, ANSWERS AND SUMMARY
- In the NEWS: Angiopoietin like 4 , a glycoprotein ...
- Health Care Law Blog: AMA Issues New Policy To Gui...
- Genetic Nephropathies and Kidney Transplantation
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Medicine for residents: a little step towards cost...
- IN THE NEWS- Article on Online Blogging of Confere...
- IN THE NEWS: DETECTIVE NEPHRON's NEXT VENTURE
- Series of Videos from ASN - on varied topics- Kidn...
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Anesthetics and Kidney Disease
- Concept Map of Hypomagnesemia
- Quiz 9 Answers
- IN THE NEWS- Meta-analysis in Nephrology
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Camels and their Kidney!
- Sirolimus- the Positive aspects
- Nephsap review: Fluids Electrolytes
- ▼ December (21)
Post a Comment