What are the causes of spurious hyperphosphatemia?
2. Hyper builirubinemia
4. Liposomal Amp B preparation
5. Blood sample contamination with tpa or heparin
Lot of these errors are due to the type of measurement used in labs- especially the colorimetric assay
A nice case has been discussed in AJKD of a MGUS with pseudohyperphosphatemia.
- ► 2017 (37)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- Geriatric Nephrology
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Ageusia and ACEI/ARBS
- Nephrology Quiz at UKidney.com
- Disorders of Sodium & Water Balance: A mathematic...
- IN THE NEWS- Idiopathic Membranous GN and HLA-DQA1...
- Skin cancer and Transplants
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Is Veno-occlusive disease associ...
- JOURNAL CLUB: ESCAPE TRIAL
- Nephrology Anagrams
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Renal Vein Pressures and Cardio ...
- World Kidney day
- CLINICAL CASE 33, ANSWER AND SUMMARY(IMAGE QUIZ)
- Suggest and Vote for New Ideas in Nephrology
- Risk factors for post transplant Hypertension
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Pseudohyperphosphatemia
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Hypercalcemia of Malignancy
- JOURNAL CLUB: BELATACEPT and Transplantation
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Lactic acidosis and Dialysis?
- Male Fertility and Transplantation
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Membranous and Class Type IgG
- Renal Blog in finalist for Best Medical Blog( Clin...
- TOPIC DISCUSSION: Spontaneous Perinephric Hemorrha...
- Nephsap review: Transplantation
- Acute Kidney Injury in Cancer Patients
- CLINICAL CASE 32, ANSWERS AND SUMMARY
- ▼ February (25)
- ► 2010 (461)