Saturday, May 26, 2012
KDIGO Glomerular Diseases Guidelines: IgA Nephropathy
KDIGO just released guidelines for GN in a supplement in KI
Topic: IgA Nephropathy
1. Long term ACEI or ARB for proteinuria >1gm( Grade 1B)
2. ACEI or ARB treatment if proteinuria between 0.5gm to 1gm ( Grade 2D)
3. Patients with persistent proteinuria >1g/d despite 3-6 months of conservative management, and GFR >50ml/min get 6 month course of steroids (Grade 2C)
4. Not use cyclophosphamide or aza in IgA unless there is RPGN with crescents ( Grade 2D)
5. Not use cytotoxic agents for GFR< 30ml/min unless there is RPGN ( Grade 2C)
6. Fish oil is recommended if proteinuria is >1gm/d ( Grade 2D).
7. Not using antiplatelet agents in IgA( Grade 2C).
8. Minimal change with IgA:- treat like minimal change ( Grade 2B)
9. AKI associated with MCD:- perform a kidney biopsy in AKI with macroscopic hematuria if no change in renal function for 5 days
10. General supportive care for AKI in IgA for biopsy showing ATN( Grade 2C)
11. Steroids and cyclophosphamide in crescentic IgA( Grade 2D).
12. Tonsillectomy is not recommended ( Grade 2C)
For full recs see http://www.nature.com/kisup/journal/v2/n2/pdf/kisup201223a.pdf
Posted by Kenar D Jhaveri( kidney 007) at 8:56 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2022 (18)
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- KDIGO Glomerular Disease Guidelines: ANCA vasculitis
- KDIGO Guidelines for Glomerular Diseases: LUPUS NE...
- KDIGO Guidelines for Glomerular Diseases: HSP
- Healthcare in India exposed!
- KDIGO Glomerular Diseases Guidelines: IgA Nephropathy
- KDIGO Guidelines for Glomerular diseases: Infectio...
- KDIGO Guidelines for Glomerular Diseases: MPGN
- KDIGO Guidelines for Glomerular Diseases: Membrano...
- KDIGO Guidelines for Glomerular Diseases: FSGS in ...
- KDIGO Guidelines for Glomerular Diseases 2012: Min...
- Clinical Case 56: Answers and Summary
- CJASN Journal Club
- IN THE NEWS: OBESITY and ORGAN POOL DONATION
- Geriatric Workforce Shortage: What can we learn?
- IN the NEWS: Intensive treatment during end of lif...
- eAJKD: Live NKF coverage
- IN THE NEWS:ACR Lupus Nephritis Guidelines
- New Updates from Nephro-Pathology.com
- Topic Discussion: Hyperkalemia in Bartter Syndrome
- IN THE NEWS: Treating Cast Nephropathy without tre...
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2011 (370)
- ► 2010 (461)
Post a Comment