A great read for educators and learners is the book called The Sketchnote Handbook – The Illustrated Guide to Visual Note Taking, a new book released by Mike Rohde. Sketchnotes are visual diagrams of a lecture that has some writing and some figures to allow a different form of note taking.
In physiology, especially complex renal physiology such note taking strategies might be useful for certain type of learners. This allows for a larger bigger overall understanding and can allow for details as well. Many of us might be doing this already when we take notes( perhaps draw a flow chart) for better understanding of the topic being discussed. Sketchnotes are about hearing and capturing meaningful ideas and not how well you draw. This book gives a way to take notes differently from what one might have traditionally done. A picture can tell you more than a detail description of a nephron sub-segment. In one study in Plastic Surgery, a picture told more than words.
Sketchnote will allow you to think out loud and clear your misconceptions.
Some examples of discussions and mentions of use of such tactics in medicine are linked below.
33charts view on this topic.
Sketchnote version of the recent Med 2.0 2012 conference in boston
Monday, December 31, 2012
Sketchnote in Nephrology: Medicine
Posted by Kenar D Jhaveri( kidney 007) at 8:11 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2022 (18)
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (42)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- Sketchnote in Nephrology: Medicine
- CRRT Update
- NEWphrologist in the making!
- Blogging in nephrology: Local versus National conf...
- CLINICAL CASE 66: Answers and Summary
- microRNAs and renal disease?- more data
- ASN: Geriatric Nephrology Videos
- IN THE NEWS: Contrast Nephropathy
- Kidney SMART: For medical students
- ANCAs and Alpha-1 antitrypsin- any link?
- Clinical Case 65: Answers and Summary
- Consult Rounds: Distal RTA and Sjorgren's Syndrome
- Ethics in Dialysis practices
- Communication Skills Training for Dialysis Decisio...
- MGRS: Monoclonal Gammopathy of RENAL SIGNIFICANCE:...
- ▼ December (15)
- ► 2011 (370)
- ► 2010 (461)
Thanks so much for the mention of my book. I'm excited to see how sketchnotes can be applied in medicine!ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete