The Jan 2013 issue of ACKD has a focus on the role of the nephrologist in the intensive care units( medical, surgical, neurosurgical, cardiac). Vast topics from sepsis, care of a ventilated patient, critically ill ESRD patient are discussed in the entire issue. Interestingly, a new name is given to the role of the nephrologist in the intensive care unit- newphrologist. Definitely a growing field in nephrology and at some centers - a separate service. Not sure if the name justifies the function of the intensivist nephrologist.
Nevertheless, check out the entire issue on ACKD.
- ► 2019 (31)
- ► 2018 (57)
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- Sketchnote in Nephrology: Medicine
- CRRT Update
- NEWphrologist in the making!
- Blogging in nephrology: Local versus National conf...
- CLINICAL CASE 66: Answers and Summary
- microRNAs and renal disease?- more data
- ASN: Geriatric Nephrology Videos
- IN THE NEWS: Contrast Nephropathy
- Kidney SMART: For medical students
- ANCAs and Alpha-1 antitrypsin- any link?
- Clinical Case 65: Answers and Summary
- Consult Rounds: Distal RTA and Sjorgren's Syndrome...
- Ethics in Dialysis practices
- Communication Skills Training for Dialysis Decisio...
- MGRS: Monoclonal Gammopathy of RENAL SIGNIFICANCE:...
- ▼ December (15)
- ► 2011 (370)
- ► 2010 (461)