A recent publication in AJT describes the largest kidney transplant chain experience. They report the largest series of chain transplantation that were done at 57 centers in USA by pooling incompatible donor/recipient pairs. Every recipient whose intended donor donated were transplanted. 46% percent included minorities who have hard time getting donors. One year follow up is excellent with mean crt of 1.3mg/dl. This is a remarkable success and a step forward in the field of transplantation.
- ► 2017 (48)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- eAJKD: smart allocation or bias?
- Clinical Case 62: Answers and Summary
- Want to be an attending physician on the ward - or...
- CJASN eJC: September discussion
- eAJKD updates: Medicine 2.0 coverage
- In the News: The POWER of HERCULES
- Nephrotic Syndrome: Pathophysiology update
- In the News: Kidney Transplant Chain- 1 year follo...
- Topic Discussion: Music therapy and kidney transpl...
- CLINICAL CASE 61: Answers and Summary
- Publication trends by speciality among Internal Me...
- NEPHSAP review: Glomerular Disease: Hematuria Risk...
- Hypercalcemia and hypokalemia- is there a link?
- NEPHRONPOWER 1000th post: A tribute to a Nate Hell...
- Special: Top 10 posts of all time on Nephronpower
- ▼ September (15)
- ► 2011 (370)
- ► 2010 (461)