Monday, October 10, 2011
Gray's Anatomy Classic Collectors Edition : The Kidney
" The Kidneys, two in number,are situated in the back part of the abdomen, and are for the purpose of separating from the blood certain materials which, when dissolved in a quantity of water , also separated from the blood by the kidneys, constitute the urine." - defines the function of the Kidneys.
"Minute Anatomy:- The tubuli uriniferi, of which the kidney is for the most part made up, commence in the cortical portion of the kidney, and, after pursuing a very circuitous course through the cortical and medullary parts of the kidney, finally terminate at the apices of the Malpighian pyramids by open mouths, so that the fluid which they contain is emptied into the dilated extremity of the ureter contained in the sinus of the kidney. "
- defines the role of the tubules
"Each of these little bodies is composed of two parts- a central glomerulus of vessels,called a Malphagian tuft and a membranous envelope, the Malphagian capsule, or Bowman's capsule, which latter is a small pouch-like commencement of a uriniferous tubule"- describes the glomerulus and connection to the tubule.
Henry Grays' Gray Anatomy 1977 edition.
- ► 2017 (37)
- ► 2016 (45)
- ► 2015 (63)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (133)
- ► 2012 (201)
- In the News: Initial access type in dialysis patie...
- In the News: ESA dose responsiveness? Some thought...
- Topic Discussion: H1N1 vaccine in Transplantation
- ASN Abstracts 2011 online
- Topic Discussion: Re transplantation after BK Neph...
- CLINICAL CASE 45: Answers and Summary
- ANIO event at ASN 2011
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Expressive Aphasia in ESRD
- Topic Discussion: TIM molecules and Kidney Transpl...
- HHV-8 in Transplantation
- Patient Perspective: Give us the Choice by Kamal S...
- Hypokalemia quiz answer
- New York Academy of Medicine Nephrology Lecture:- ...
- ASN Podcast :Kidney Research National Dialogue Pod...
- Podocyte Disorders
- Hemodialysis Patients and and their Risky Weekends...
- Congress of Nephrology in Internet 2011
- Gray's Anatomy Classic Collectors Edition : The Ki...
- IN THE News: A report about inducing tolerance in ...
- "Hyponatremia" not that benign
- CONSULT ROUNDS: Hypokalemia and Osmotic Demyelinat...
- In the News:- TOLL like receptors and Nobel Prize ...
- NSLIJ Transplant Surgeon on ABC
- CLINICAL CASE 44: ANSWERS AND SUMMARY
- ▼ October (24)
- ► 2010 (461)