Check out the latest update in 2021 of treatment of ANCA vasculitis at KDIGO
1. Kidney biopsy is highly recommended in most cases
2. For induction- they recommend that steroids in combination with cyclophosphamide or rituximab be used for new onset AAV.
3. For patients with GFR that is declining of crt >4.0mg/dl, there is limited data for rituximab based treatment. The combination of cyclo+ ritux can be used in that setting - RITUXIVAS protocol.
5. Reduced dose steroids have shown similar results as high dose steroids( PEXIVAS trial)
6. Dosing for Rituxan and cyclophosphamide
7. Consider plasma exchange with crt >5.7 requiring dialysis or with rapid rise in crt and diffuse alveolar hemorrhage with hypoxemia or overlap syndrome with Anti GBM
8. Maintenance therapy
Post a Comment