NYSN Fellows Night
Date: May 20th 2015
The New York Academy of Medicine
1216 Fifth Avenue (103rd Street)
New York, NY 10029
Abstract Submission: April 28th, 2015
Abstract Acceptance Notice: May 6th, 2015
1) Page Length –Please describe their project in NO MORE than 300 words
2) Fellow must present their own work in which they made a significant contribution.
3) Research Mentor should be a member of the NYSN with paid dues. Dues are $100.00 and should be send to Dr. Enver Akalin, Montefiore Medical center, 111 East 210th street, Kidney Transplant Program, Bronx, NY 10467.
4) Please identify the research into one of two categories: Clinical Or Basic
5) Mentor/advisor name has to be part of the abstract.
6) Please submit your abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org when ready.
7) Top Clinical and Basic research abstracts will be selected for ORAL presentation on May 20th evening
a. Presentation: Power Point
b. Presentation Length: 8 minutes
c. Questions / Answers: 4 minutes
d. Abstract presentations will be judged based on the following:
i. Research Question / Knowledge about the topic
ii. Study Design / Data Presentation
iii. Interpretation of Data / Responses to Questions
e. Prizes - First place and Second places will be awarded in BOTH categories.
8) Alison Norris Nephrology Fellow Award: Third year in a row, this award will be given the paper that is focused on some psychosocial/ethical aspect of the care of kidney patients.
Kenar Jhaveri, MD